Oh yeah!!

Oh yeah!!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thoughts about shit!!!

Ok... So I had an epiphany today. Last week I was in discussion with some of my kdis that are doing the program every day after school and we were talking about the games. I showed them some of the scores. They all asked why someone who can barely do the workouts are competing. At the time I did not have an answer other than cuz they wanted to. I then asked myself that same question.... I know there is a good chance I am not going to make it to the games let alone regionals. I do not have the type of conditioning that is needed. So why do I do it? I dunno. I then came to the conclusion this morining with Shane. I related it to training for a marathon. For most of the compeitors this is there marathon. They just want the experience. They want the competition. They want to know that they are training for something. No one wants to really just train to train. I have always exercised because there are so many things I like to do in life that requires me to be physically in shape. I love to compete even when I am most likely not going to win. I think back to when I first learned about crossfit. My good friend Dave Young said something to me that has always stuck. With crossfit... You might not be the best at one thing but your going to be damn good at a lot of things. That is my reason. And as far as the competition goes. It is just another challenge to see what I can do. I love all this shit and I will do it as long as I can. GFY

No comments:

Post a Comment